14 Jun Favorite Fabric Friday: Cotton and Steel
1. Sarah Watts, August, Frolic in Coral
2. Alexia Abegg, Hatbox, Desert Flower in Navy
3. Melody Miller, Mustang, Arrows in Coral Metallic
4. Sarah Watts, August, Stampede Lawn in Mint
5. Melody Miller, Mustang, Mustang in Aqua
6. Rashida Coleman-Hale, Moonlit, On the Grid in Mint
7. Alexia Abegg, Hatbox, Tiger Stripes in Blue
8. Rashida Coleman-Hale, Moonlit, Arrows in Mint
9. Sarah Watts, August, Monarch in Aqua
10. Alexia Abegg, Hatbox, Hatbox Lawn in Navy
11. Rashida Coleman-Hale, Moonlit, Tangrams in Indigo
12. Rashida Coleman-Hale, Moonlit, Meet Your Match in Denim
Cotton + Steel, a new division of RJR fabrics, is a collaboration of Melody Miller, Alexia Abegg, Kim Kight, Rashida Coleman-Hale, and Sarah Watts. It’s basically the dream team of fabric designers.
They finally revealed their fabric at Quilt Market last month and I couldn’t/can’t stop looking at it. I wasn’t there in person but got to experience the excitement through the wonders of Instagram. My mom, sister, and I were on our way to Chicago at the time. I was driving so I was having them describe what the fabric looked like as each new picture popped up. I finally couldn’t take it anymore, pulled the car over, and made my sister drive so I could watch their video. Yes I’m a nerd.
The fabric is amazing. Each designer has created their own collection based on their individual strengths and style. Homebody, Mustang, August, Moonlit, and Hatbox are incredibly different but work beautifully together. Cotton + Steel also created basics that coordinate with each of their lines. Pretty brilliant.
If you haven’t already, check out their awesome Videos to see how their fabrics are made and get glimpses of their beautiful collection. I’m resisting the urge to collect (hoard might be the more appropriate term) it all.